- No matter what your father’s profession—be he a tech worker, a banker, a government employee (mailman, trash man, public service man), a restaurant owner (chef, waiter, busboy, bartender), a medical professional (doctor, nurse, dentist, veterinarian), an assistant, a doorman, a bellboy, a deliveryman, a salesman, an advertiser, a marketer, an electrician, a plumber, an exotic fish expert, a game diver, a bus driver, a taxi driver, a café owner, an inventor, a hair stylist, a makeup artist, a designer, a decorator, a dog walker, a cat walker, a pet masseuse etc.—there’s a 99% chance (we just made that statistic up) he probably wears socks (that is unless he’s a professional scuba diver, a mermaid or merman, or a water enthusiast). So if he’s going to wear socks, he may as well wear awesome, colorful, fun socks.
- Socks are the best way to accessorize a boring outfit or uniform. For instance, if your father wears a uniform everyday, socks are likely the only way he can differentiate himself from anyone else wearing the exact same uniform. Or if your father wears a suit everyday, it is likely that it is blue, black, brown, grey or some variety of the four. Thus, socks will allow him to give himself the opportunity to add a little personal panache to his daily fashion.
- Socks can keep you warm when it’s cold out.
- According to the NHS clean socks can prevent your feet from smelling.
- Socks are a great gift to give because they won’t break the bank and they don’t take up much room (which also makes them easy to send in the mail).
- Socks are a fantastic gift to give in multiples, which is why signing your father up for a sock subscription, is always a good idea. That is, a sock subscription allows you to choose an affordable gift for your dad that he’ll continue to receive in the mail every month for up to a year after Father’s Day.
Now that you know six amazing reasons to buy your dad socks/sign him up for a sock of the month club for Father’s Day, we want to provide you with a list of our favorite socks for Father’s Day.